12.10.2011

TERRY TURKEY TROT!

I wanted so badly to run a 5K on Thanksgiving Day this year, but Marianne lives out in the boonies and it would have been tough to figure out, so instead I organized a Terry Turkey Trot!  It was a 5K Fun Run/Walk and a 1/2 mile kids race!!  We had race bibs, timers, medals, official-like trail signs and all!

In my opinion, it turned out great and hope it will become a family tradition.  Our winner that day was, Alex Hayes, though it should be noted that his much younger brother, Andrew, was in the lead most of the way, without shoes. ;)  Good job, gentlemen!  Surprisingly, I came in 3rd at 31 min ? seconds, 5 months post c-section.  I feel pretty good about that.  Brad Frisbie came in right behind me and I lost track of all the times and such but it was great fun to cheer everyone as they finished whether they were sprinting, jogging or walking.  I'm SO proud of everyone who participated.  Even my mom got into the spirit of it and did 6 laps around the circle there at the park, equaling about 1/3 of a mile.  That's big for her since she battles Rheumatoid Arthritis.  GO MOM!
 I hope she can keep it up!  Everyone who participated received medals, bananas, water and memories for a lifetime.

I have limited photos from this event, so if you have more please email them to me because I'd love to use them in next year's family calendar.
The Hayes Crew!
 

The girls thought it was great that their numbers had their ages in it.  
 Mikayla stretching out

KIDS RACE TIME!!
Thanks to everyone for being such good sports and supporting me in this endeavor!!  I absolutely LOVED sharing this passion of mine with you!

No comments: