12.25.2011

Merry Christmas!!!

I know that not all adults agree with me, but I LOVE IT when the kids come bounding into my bedroom at 5am rearing to go and full of excitement!!  I LOVE that they squeal and drag me out of bed to join in their fun.  Brings a smile to my face every time.

Like many families we start with stockings then move one by one watching everyone open and enjoy their gifts.  This is especially fun because of how we give gifts (Santa brings each of the kids 1 gift, a joint kid or family gift, and stocking stuffers) then each family member makes or buys (with their own money) a gift for each family member).  This way we all want to see the great reactions from the gifts we give.

The kids were GREAT!  They were so excited and grateful for everything they received and as a Mom, that's all I really want for Christmas each year, especially this year since it was a little on the lean side.  I'm going to share the gifts because it's fun to look back and say, "Oh yeah!  I remember when we got that!"

*Feel free to skip this part of your reading
In the stockings:
Everyone gets their own "fancy" chocolate bar or baby food if you're almost 6 months old, a new toothbrush (this year: design your own spin brushes) and toothpaste (or deodorant for the parents...Santa must think we stink, at least it's not coal, right?).  The kids get a little extra present, too.  Hot Wheels! (yes, we have girls)
Under the Tree from Santa:
Maggie:  A pink Barbie
Emma: A Holiday Barbie
Lilly:  First Baby Doll
All the girls:  Barbie Doll clothes
Under the Tree from Parents:
Girls:  Walkie Talkies!!  BEST GIFT EVER!! 16 miles range
Lilly:  Adorable little outfit
Under the Tree from Dad:
Dianne:  Zumba 2 Fitness for the Wii (Super FUN!)
Maggie & Emma:  Pink swim goggles for swimming lessons that start in January
Under the Tree from Mom:
Israel:  a lap swim punch card (20x) for the Aquatic Center so he can train for his next Triathlon
Maggie:  A Tree Pillow sewing kit! *she's been begging for a sewing kit for over a month now
Emma:  New paints! even glitter paints * she spent most of the morning painting up a storm
Under the Tree from Maggie:
Mom:  comfy robe (combined $ with Emma & Israel)
Mom & Dad:  homemade tree ornaments
Dad:  bullets (combined $ with Emma)
Emma:  Paper dolls and Hello Kitty playing cards
Lilly:  cute ducky plate
Under the Tree from Emma:
Dad:  German Chocolate Cake mix with frosting
Maggie:  GIANT writing pen
Lilly:  2 bowls with lids
Under the Tree from Lilly:
Maggie & Emma:  Bead craft

Shortly after we had family prayer and yummy orange rolls.  And then the vomiting began.  Poor Maggie!  She's been sick all day but it hasn't stopped her from having a good time, well okay sometimes it did.
  Sadly, it did stop us from attending church this morning.  Darn it.

I wouldn't say we got a lot of material/gadget kinds of gifts this year but I will say just how impressed I am with my girls and how they just didn't mind or miss it at all!  They really are good kids.

 










 My mom gave us her China this year.  It was really, really fun to use them for our Holiday Dinner!  We had delicious turkey (brined!mmm), stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy and homemade rolls.  Ahh... it all turned out soo yummy!

 I'm so grateful for such a wonderful day!  We are so very, very blessed.

1 comment:

Piepee said...

Looks like a wonderful christmas. The dishes brings back so many memories. Glad your enjoying them. Merry Christmas