12.10.2011

The Table Pick

We arrived at my sister, Marianne's home, late Friday night and the following morning was the "table pick".  Here's the idea of the table pick.  Items are placed out on tables and each kid has a turn picking an item (thus table. pick.) and you continue in this fashion until all the items are gone, then move onto the next table until everything is chosen.  I have to note that I feel this was VERY generous of my parents, well, actually my mom, since Dad doesn't really understand what's going on these days.  I'm grateful for her generosity when I know how difficult it is for her at this time.

We ended up with 7 of the 8 kids there and it was a BLAST!  We had so much fun strolling down memory lane as we went through the items.  I have to say that I was so proud of us and how nicely we played together.  Mom should be proud, too.  She has raised some fine children.

My favorite picture of the day?
This here pic with Rex sporting a fancy wig.

My favorite part of the day?
Finding an odd Jesus picture that strangely resembled the goof ball shown above, especially with the wig!  Yes, LeVon, it was Rex and me who slipped that picture into the back of your vehicle.  Then we laughed and we laughed, because that there is funny.

Can you believe that this is the ONLY picture I took that day?  Seriously.  My sister, Susanne, posted more pictures here, but you'll notice that we failed to get a picture with all of us together!  Seriously.  sigh...

I also have to say "Thank You to Mom for entertaining Lilly for much of the day while we were busy"!

1 comment:

Piepee said...

It was a great day. And I'm so glad someone was able to get the pic in LeVon's truck. Its perfect for his new bachelor pad.