Our celebrations actually began on the 3rd. Israel was given lots of fireworks from the stand he's been working this year and we've begun a new tradition. Fireworks in our cul de sac. So anyone who wants to join us next year is welcome! We had lots of neighbors and friends come and enjoy the show.
Early, I mean way too early, on the 4th we went to the Ward Flag Ceremony and pancake breakfast. Here is Maggie on the way from the breakfast to the IF parade. She was excited because her good friend, Trevor, was going to come with us.

The parade was about 2 HOURS long. So not expecting that! We missed the cutest baby contest on the green belt. Oh well, there's always next year. We then joined some friends for a wonderful bbq. And apparently Maggie played hard. When we were walking to the fireworks show from our house, she fell asleep onto Emma's shoulder!
She was still tuckered out when we got there! She slept for much of the waiting time.
Emma on the other hand, was busy , busy, busy ! It was a great day and I just can't find one thing I didn't like about the day.
5 comments:
So glad to hear that Israel was able to celebrate with you all and you had so much fun. A 2 hour parade? Wow! I would be tuckered out.
What a fun day! I wish only that we could have shared it with you! Maybe in the Celestial Kingdom we will have a chance to live by you! My husband wants to buy another house in Brighton!!! I am not on the bandwagon. : ( I miss you!
It looks like a wonderful day> So wished you lived closer. But with the great blog at least we feel like we're getting to know the girls.
Good times in IF! As much fun as it looks like and as much as I'd love to share it with you, I had a weak moment and signed up for the Lewiston festivities again! Have you thought about going to the Twin Falls open house at all?
Yes, go to the Twin Falls Open house!!!! That is our temple here in Elko, so we're going to take the girls, we could meet up while we're there!
Sorry, I'm totally stealing someone else's thread. Anywho, Looks like you guys had a great time! Cute pics, and cute kids! Is Maggie 5 yet? So is she starting Kindergarten this year? She just looks so grown up!
Post a Comment