7.19.2008

Happy 10yrs Anniversary!

We can hardly believe it ourselves! We've made it 10yrs together without total disaster! Hooray! And we have 2 beautiful girls to share our love with. As many can attest, it can be a difficult road at times as we try to build our lives together with our spouses. But, with all the work and the patience it is so very rewarding in the end. I'm so grateful for my husband and all the many, many things he has taught me over the past 10yrs. And I'm grateful for all he is willing to do today to help strengthen our family. Happy Anniversary, Babe!

This is how we decided to celebrate our anniversary this year. Juleen, our good friend from college, took our girls for the ENTIRE day! We dropped them off after breakfast and headed out for the mountains directly after. We drove 45 miles to Palisades Creek and hiked to the lower lake. It's about 5 miles up and 5 miles back. It was absolutely breathtaking. Our pictures just do not do the area justice.

I was standing on a bridge on the trail when I shot this picture.
We got to see some of the wildlife, too. Here's a moose! She wasn't that far from us, but couldn't get a clear shot.We also saw 2 snakes (not very big). Israel was trying to scare it out of the hole in the rock so I could get a picture for the blog. Funny guy.
Here's a great shot of the lower lake. Too bad that lady is in it. I thought she was out of the picture when I took it, but apparently I was wrong. Oh well.And, of course, the great explorer looks over his journey. And tries to not fall off a rock!
I had to get out there too and didn't realize just how deep and swift the water on the other side of that rock was until I got there. I figured lower was better for safety reasons. I used to be much more adventurous before kids.
These are just photos we took along the trail. We really enjoyed this hike and welcome anyone who wants to come and join us next time. I could not have asked for a better way to spend the day.

8 comments:

Jaimie said...

Happy belated Anniversary! It looks like you had a great day! It was sure beautiful up there. Seeing those pics sure makes me miss the mountains! I'm very jealous! :) Maybe soon we can come hiking with you guys!

Katie said...

That is seriously beautiful! Wow, nothing like that around Midland... Happy Anniversary!

Lolo said...

I drove around Palisades a long time ago with my Grandpa. I think it is one of the most beautiful places I have seen. Congrats on 10 years... that's big!

Misty said...

BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe it's been that long since you crazy love-birds got married! WOW! Congratulations and I'm glad you had such a wonderful day!

Tamara said...

Congratulations you guys!! Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate!

Frisbies Forever said...

Breathtaking! Congrats to you! I couldn't have asked for a better Husband for my Sister, and how he cared for PlanBie, I knew he would be a great Dad. He is! You have a great family. I love you guys!

Piepee said...

Congratulations it looks just beautiful. I'm so glad you to are so happy!

Corina said...

Congrats you guys!! I still remember your duet at your reception :)