We've been so excited for the time we could return to the Idaho mountains to do some much desired camping. This was the weekend to enjoy an adventure. We took off Thurs afternoon and traveled to Falls Campground just past Swan Valley and stayed until Saturday afternoon. There are some beautiful waterfalls here, which somehow I did not get a picture of. They are pretty dangerous to climb around, so we didn't spend much time exploring over there.

The dirt they are standing on is actually a STEEP ledge. I was too chicken to walk over there with my wiggling Emma in my arms. I was in reality uncomfortable with the others being so close.

Daddy's getting the girls ready for their 1st "REAL" fishing adventure. Apparently, the stocked pond in Midland,TX didn't qualify. The river was pretty high and swift so Israel rigged some tether ropes to the life jackets they were wearing.


I had to laugh about this shot. This was the 1st cast...notice where it landed. Yep. The bush.

These two had a great time fishing. (I love to fish, but didn't get my license this year)

Somehow, pancakes are better when eaten outside...and shown to others...sigh.

After breakfast, we asked Maggie to go in the tent and put her clothes on for the day. Two minutes later this naked head(and other parts) is poking out through the tent zippers , asking "Where are my clothes at?". I had just shown her! So, yeah, we took a picture.

Day 2 of fishing was much more successful!! Israel caught a 17 in Trout. So, proud! He even cleaned it an fried it up for us that night! And it was YUMMY!! I was mostly excited because I realized I wasn't going to be expected to do the cleaning and preparation portion. I just got to sit back, relax and enjoy.

Here's Emma's favorite place to play in the campground...the van...sigh. At least she was easier to keep track of. Maggie on the other hand, felt it necessary to be the sole member of the welcome wagon for the camp. Every time a car would drive by she'd race to the end of the site then jump up and down waving "Hello" and singing them a little song.

One of our many "mini-hikes" with the girls.

Emma was actually bringing me little flowers from the trail.

And proof of their good time. The sheer exhaustion that comes at the end of the day!!!
11 comments:
oh how fun! i'm sure the girls had a blast. i think my girls would probably have enjoyed playing in the tent more than anything! i'm glad you guys got to go!
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I hope to go camping next year when Zoey is a little older!! Props to Israel catching, cleaning, and cooking the trout!!
P.S. I need you to add me as a moderator to the R.S. blog so I can update it.
looks like you guys have had a GREAT time! We are trying to build up our camping gear so we can go camping soon.
what a great trip! we love camping... oh, and i remembered the other day that we share birthdays! so happy birthday on thursday! :)
We love camping too. I love the pics! I wish we could all go camping together. That would be great. Maybe someday. ; )
How fun, we are trying to get up the nerve to take the kids camping, we haven't been since Gracie was little, and we've added 2 more since then!! Hopefully this weekend or next. Thanks for the inspiriation!
they are very cute and I miss you guys! Happy Birthday and have a great birthday to!
I wish we had somewhere as beautiful as that to camp. It is too hot to even play outside right now (well, for me. The kids don't seem to mind but they don't weigh 300 lbs like I do).
Enjoy the beautiful outdoors and keep posting those pictures! Us Midlanders will sit here and drool!
Steph
Looks like you had a lot of fun camping. We would have loved to go, but we were having fun with our dryer. To see that story, go to www.us4chicks.blogspot.com.
I'm so jealous we have not yet went camping this year. But it looks like you had a great time. It is soo beautiful up there.
Post a Comment