7.06.2008

Primary Ideas Please!

I'm in need of some case study/scenarios for my primary sharing time next week. This is the principle we are working on... "I will prepare to be a missionary by being faithful and obedient". So essentially I'm looking for short examples of choices children ages 3-11 are likely to make that would require faith and/or obedience. I've come up with about 4 and am now at a loss. I know many of you have children between those ages are bound to know of a few situations that have come up over the years. So I plead with you for help!!

7 comments:

Misty said...

Primary isn't my forte, but here is a site that has a ton of ideas. You may find it useful in the future. http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/ Sorry I don't have any ideas for your current situation. I'll give it some thought, but thought you might like the site in the future.

The Hanselmann Family said...

I will be of no help to you. I have been in R.S. for the past 4 years!!!! Looks like you guys had fun this past weekend! We miss you!

Jaimie said...

My brain isn't really working at the moment, so I can't think of anything right now. I will try to come up with something soon though! It always happens to me, someone asks me a question about something spiritual and my mind goes blank. Just recently when Kylan got picked to be spotlighted by Captain CTR, I couldn't think of anything either. So just have Israel dress up like Captain CTR and do that :)

La Familia Mata said...

I got nothing! I really wanted to be the one that left you with some thoughts, but nothing. Sorry! Wish you the best of luck!

Lolo said...

Hey... I love that sugardoodle website by the way. Ummm, you could use: whether a girl chooses to buy an immodest swimming suit that shows her belly, or a boy "borrowing" his friends toy without asking...? See what would have been a better choice for him...etc. Other ideas would be kids choosing to read scriptures or say prayers. I don't know. Maybe you already have what you need, but if not, hope this helps. Good Luck!

Frisbies Forever said...

Whether or not to copy the phrases used at school that are not allowed in your home, or that you wouldn't feel comfortable using in Primary.

Obeying your parents rules about health or sneaking the syrup bottle under the table to drink so no one sees you. Maybe that just happens a my house.: )

These seem to be tough choices that kids that age face.

Whether to drink pepsi at a school function when your parents have asked you not to partake.
Kids are really bombarded with a lot when you factor in that they all just want to be loved and accepted and these things make them stand out and different to their friends. Adults may cheer them on, but kids can just be mean.

I love you and you are a fabulous Mom! I look up to you!

Jaimie said...

I did think of something finally, but you probably already thought of it :) But I was proud of myself so I thought I'd type it anyway. Are you doing one about tithing? I know, DUH? :) it's really all I could come up with. Sad to say. I am working with a whole different group and all I have to do is keep up with the drama. So good luck and I hope it goes well!