7.15.2008

Memory Lane...

Here is a fun little game... leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time or a long time, anything that you remember!

Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It is pretty funny to read the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you are playing and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. On your mark... get set... blog those memories!

12 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

I remember Christmas Eve and telling you to go to bed or I was going to be late for work. You said, You don't work at night. I said on this night I do. I am an elf and if you go to sleep, maybe you can work with me next year. We went through stories upon stories of my work at the elves shop. Silly memories. Then when we used to have "horse races" with the Chokecherry Tree and Apple Tree and how I got stuck in the Choke Cherry Tree and Uncle LeMar had to come save me because everyone else left me. Remember playing outside and hide and seek in the dark and bonfires? Pitchfork in the ankle and an emergency run to the hospital? I was so mad because I was afraid everyone else was having more fun than me and I didn't get a marshmallow!

La Familia Mata said...

For sure the stake dances and our silly crushes! Remember we walked ALL the way over to a certain gentleman's house but I was too afraid to talk to him? What a FUN GUY! And who could forget girls camp? I remember you during your senior year a lot. I remember thinking that you were awesome for playing soccer and that you ate cheese sandwiches, YUCK! I also remember you having to get stitches when you were riding your bike and well, you know. I also remember once you telling us about one of your dreams and you said, "And we be black". Okay, weird memory. Most of all, I remember having you come visit us in Dubuque and loving every minute of it! And wishing that someday, when we were all growed up, that we would live close to each other. Now only if we were rich enough to actually visit each other. Hopefully our girls will be as close as we were!

The Hanselmann Family said...

I remember staying at your house one summer and helping you with your paper route because you got the chicken pox. You were so sick. I remember we were trying on swimming suits at the store and you found a sore on your arm, and then the next thing we know you get chicken pox. I also remember cleaning at your parents house and having picnics in the back 40. And your rabbit. Good times!

Layne said...

I think it'll be hard to forget how you guys left our wedding reception early to fly to Pocatello and decoreate our hotel room before we got there...embarrasingly it was literally years before we figured out what to do with some of that stuff!

Layne said...

Besides being an amazing friend, your a fantastic co-worker I think it's kinda fun that we've had that pleasure twice. The last job was my favorite by far! My memory is of your last night there, singing with you in that beautiful room in the middle of the night is one of my sweetest memories.

Mya said...

I remember when Dianne and I pinned down Israel and tweezed his unibrow. He was in so much pain and we couldn't stop laughing!

Frisbies Forever said...

I remember when you ran into a parked car with your bike. I never could figure out how you hit a car on a bike! But I still love you anyways!

Dianne said...

Let me just tell you how that happened. That morning Ivan and I opened a brand new box of Cap'n Crunch Berries and inside was a shiny new garfield reflector! I LOVED garfield. As Ivan and I were riding our bikes to his friend's house (I can't remember his name, but I know I had a crush on him) that morning I was so mesmerized by the reflector on my back tire that I stopped looking where I was going and...hit a car straight on that was parked in front of the church. That fun memory resulted in 5 stitches below my left knees and YEARS and YEARS of embarrassment.

Piepee said...

I remember you best from 2nd grade. You we're always full of energy. I remember our summer of shared burns, mine from a radiator yours from the river. You had a reaction to the burn cream and turned ashy. So we hid out playing games at my apartment. Sad thing is this is the 1st year my scars from that summer have shown up. I just have a dirty looking face, but splotchy. I also remember star gazing at the stars at the farm.

Jaimie said...

I remember when you first moved to Midland and I somehow snagged you and got you to go walk around the mall with me for some "exercise" and lots of talk! Sorry I flaked on you once I had Caleb :)

Lolo said...

I remember when we first visited you at your new house. The guys were doing the roof and the girls got to chat inside. I loved talking with you. Also, I really was impressed with how patient you were with your kids and how nice you were to fix meals for everyone. I especially remember the BLTs for some reason:) They were really good!

Misty said...

Um, How could anyone forget the night we stayed up laughing about pinecones and using our hand puppets to talk to each other? Isn't that the night that Lippy, Fatty, and Hooker were born?