7.03.2008
Good Friends Are Hard to Find...and Keep
As you all know, our family has been bouncing around quite a bit for the past five years and I have made some wonderful friends along the way. And I have been fortunate enough to keep in contact with many of them. As grateful as I am for each of their friendships. There is still something about having someone in your life that knows where you came from, where you're trying to get, seen you at your best and not so best, watched and loved you through trials and has just been part of your life for many years.
Deniene is that friend for me. We were roommates in college nearly 11 years ago now and we worked together at the local "hole in the wall" Mexican Restaurant. Before I married my dear husband, I lived with her family for a short time and they have since taken me in as one of their own. When we lived in Salt Lake City, we had the amazing opportunity to work closely in the temple there. We have been able to continue our friendship via phone calls, updates from family, blogging and visits when possible. I don't think I can truly articulate the gratitude I feel for having this wonderful "sister" in my life. I was so blessed to have Deniene and her family surprise me with an impromptu invite to spend the day with them yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment