Fun Maggie Facts:
1. She has many nicknames. Magpie, Maglite, Magg-a-roni & Cheese, Maggie Lyn-guine, etc
2. She is very social and makes friends where ever we are.
3. She can dance like a Rock Star!!
4. She has a very nice singing voice and will have a solo in the Primary Program (requested by the chorister, not me )
5. She is reading on her own and to her little sister.
6. She has a spirit and confidence I hope she will maintain throughout her life!
Here she is blowing out her Birthday candle at her party. I love Emma's face as she watches.



This is my first attempt at a smooth surface cake and also a layered cake. It takes more practice than I expected, but if you don't look too close, it's not too bad.

So, tell me, who else hates goody bags? I have this hate relationship with goody bags. I think it's the very cheap side of me that comes out. I understand that they are expected, but I seriously despise spending a lot of $$ on trinkets that fall apart quickly and annoy parents to no end. This year, I used the Halloween glow necklaces (Tinker Bell's glow, right?) and candy, the end. One year I put together a CD of toddler songs to send home with the kids, maybe I'll do that again next year....
7 comments:
i remember the cde of toddler songs. we still have ours. that was jayne and lucy's first experience with veggie tales! that was a good idea...
I don't like goody bags either. I just don't do them. "smiles, shrugs"
Do you have friend parties for the kiddos? Or is it mostly family?
This year Lizzie had a pizza cooking party. I made the kids aprons instead of goody bags. It was time consuming but very cheap (I used a bunch of scrap fabric that I already had laying around)
Both
I loved the CD you made that year. It was fun.
One year I went to the dollar store and bought a present for each child. I wrapped them and everyone got to open a present. The kids really enjoyed that.
We still have the CD too and actually listened to it today. Happy B-day Maggie!
Post a Comment