10.13.2009

Questions...

So I had my next hCG level test today. It's only dropped 40 points, the doctor was expecting it to drop by 300 points at least. Since I've been having pain concentrated on one side, he's concerned that it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I had an ultrasound on Friday and it didn't show on that, but I guess that can happen. Next he wants me to have a dose of methotrexate to help dissolve any placental tissue from the uterus/fallopian tube area that could cause harm later. My question is...has anyone taken this drug? Did you experience any side effects? What did your dr. warn you about? My new dr. seems to be the kind of guy that you have to ask EVERY single question you might want an answer to.

2 comments:

Sara said...

So when you had an ultra sound did it for sure show that there is no baby in your uterus? It would just scare me to take a drug that would hurt something you want to be there. I have no experience with that drug so I am no help there, sorry, what a pain all this is for you, literally too huh?

Steph said...

Is he ABSOLUTELY sure there is no baby in there?
Could the pain be something else? Do you trust your doctor?