4.29.2008

Cleaning Up a MESS!

My Raspberry patch! I should have taken a "before" picture of it. It was ridiculous! It was totally overgrown with grass, weeds and dead shoots from years past. Last fall, I couldn't even reach the berries toward the center so, we are starting all over again! My weed pile was so tall it looked like we were planning to burn someone at the stake. Next, we will transplant them into orderly rows.
I'm not really sure what this used to be, but I'm debating of whether to clean it up and fill it with strawberries or maybe a flower bed. Though Israel wants to get rid of it all together and make a sandpit for horseshoes. That could be fun, I guess.

2 comments:

Piepee said...

We are preparing to put in our garden and set up the pool. Oh how the yard is a nightmare to get ready. So I understasnd your frustration on that. But the patch looks wonderful.

Tamara said...

Go for the strawberries, it's takes a couple years to really get a good crop, but SO worth it!