4.10.2008

Dating Dilemmas

Israel and I have finally found a great couple interested in trading babysitting so we can go on a date every other weekend. We babysit all the kids one week, they babysit the next week. So, far it's working really well. And Israel and I have decided that we will take turns planning the dates. Well, on a limited budget we are running out of ideas.

This is where all my friends come in...I need some IDEAS!

Here's what we've done recently.

Daytime Movie
Window Shopping
Arcade
Dinner

On Saturday I planned for us to go to the IF Temple Visitor Center and watch one of the videos. Not exactly FUN, but should be nice to have peace and quiet.

So, please...I welcome your suggestions. Remember, limited budget is a factor.

6 comments:

Katie said...

how about a picnic at a park under the stars... sounds romantic, huh!

Dianne said...

It does sound romantic..though I think we'll save that one until it's no longer 30 degrees at night. haha. Though we would have to cuddle to keep warm.

Katie said...

oh, i forget not everyone lives in the heat of west texas! :)

larshannon said...

Do you have a local community college? If you do see if you can be added to their list of free concert series. Midland College has had some fun stuff that is totally free. Oh, and check your dance studios in town. Sometimes they will offer dance lessons for adults one night a month. There is one here in town that is only $2 per person for an hour of dance lessons. That could be a fun date!

Frisbies Forever said...

Fire to roast marshmallows at the Park or backyard..Keep warm.

Work on family history together.

Service Project Dates. This is how we spent our first v-day together. It was fun.

Take pictures of eachother and edit together.

Popcorn fight/Pillow Fight

Work on a puzzle

play at the park

read to each other

nap:0

Misty said...

Great ideas! Glen and I like to work in the yard together, go jogging together, or just sit around and pester each other. We're not much into formal dates, it just takes too much energy for us! :) We are home-bodies though. But we sure do enjoy a few quiet hours to ourselves. I agree 100% with the napping suggestion. That would be top on my list of date activities!