4.12.2008

A Fantastic Day!

It was 60 degrees today!!!! Yahoo!!! I think all of Idaho Falls was out and about, soaking up the warmth. It's been a long cold winter.

Israel and I went on our date today and it was bliss. We dropped the girls off at a friends at 1pm and then got out bikes out and biked to Subway. We picked up a sub to share and continued on to the Greenbelt (It's a walking/biking trail next to the River and Temple) where we enjoyed our lunch as we listened to the birds, the water and people watched. I love to people watch. Not to judge, but to just observe how others interact with each other.

We then biked over the the Temple Visitor's Center and watched the new Joseph Smith video. It was quite good. If you have an opportunity to watch it, I recommend it. Then we took our time biking home again. It was so nice to have a few hours to just hang out with Israel without all the distractions of chores, work, callings, etc.

It was just such a nice day and I'm feeling grateful for sunshine and warmth of friendship!

3 comments:

La Familia Mata said...

Good times! David and I have been biking together alot and that's been fun. Isn't today BEAUTIFUL!?!?!

Jaimie said...

I'm glad you two are getting out and going on dates! I miss the swaps we used to do. We actually got to go out last friday, but we had a little tag along. Hannah is such a momma's girl that we didn't leave her. Maybe next time! We are hoping to see you guys soon and Kylan just loved talking to Maggie yesterday. We'll have to keep in touch better, well on the phone that is :)

Steph said...

60 degrees, huh? That is a cold day here. Our big news was that it rained. Holy cow, it rained for a whole 20 min!!! The lawn is not green but a much more pleasing shade of brown.