5.16.2008

Happy Birthday, Babe!!!

Today is Israel's birthday! The kids and I made fun banners to put up outside to greet our birthday boy as he arrived home from work this morning.
We spent most of the day just working and playing in the backyard, our favorite pastime.

Then we treated Israel to Outback Steakhouse for his birthday dinner. He's been missing my manager comp. ($100/day is hard to beat) I've been nervous that going there might remind how much I like to company (and it did, yikes!) Anyway, it was DELICIOUS.
And we finished the night with Israel's favorite...German Chocolate Cake and cookies and cream ice cream from Reeds Dairy. Thankfully, it's not my favorite so we may actually have cake longer than 2 days. It's not very pretty, but it's not easy to make German Chocolate Cake beautiful.
I think he had a nice day. I'm sure he would have loved getting a pretty new gun, but we all have disappointments...right?

8 comments:

Soccer Angel said...

thats cute! tell uncle izzy i said happy birthday!love christina

Misty said...

Happy Birthday Israel! I hope you had a great birthday! Looks like you guys are keeping busy with all the extra kiddos running around.

La Familia Mata said...

Happy Birthday Iz! Love the new background. I'm glad you found that site. Now I can use it for my blogging class! When will I see you again?

Lolo said...

Happy Birthday... I wish I could remember that funny nickname Israel! I love German Chocolate too! Hope it was great.

La Familia Mata said...

How do I get to your background website? When I type it in it doesn't come up? Do you still have to replace everything on your sidebar when you get a new one? Lori, why are you still up?? Amanda, why are you?? Good questions!

Piepee said...

Happy Birthday Izzy! What a great party. What is it with guys and German Chocolate cakes, anyway!

Katie said...

Ohh, I LOVE me some Outback! ;)

Frisbies Forever said...

German Cake, ick, ick, I think it must be a male trick to make sure they get all the cake and frosting! They all seem to like it. ; )tee hee hee...
I wish we could come see you all! Maybe soon! Happy Birthday!