5.29.2008

Sprucing up the Yard

As you all know, we've been working on our yard as weather permits, trying to de-weed and make it beautiful. And I am just loving it. Since I've been in apartments for the past 12 years, I had forgotten just how much I enjoy playing in the dirt!

I finally got my strawberries in! Yahoo! This first photo is of the old bed near the raspberries when I had started the process. I'd already pulled out lots of grass and baby trees. This picture just doesn't do justice to the mess I started with.
I moved it across the yard nearer to the deck. I put the plants in today and hope that they don't die on me. I think that might dash my hopes of having a green thumb. These were taken while I was standing next to the deck.
Israel has spent most of today working on tilling the garden area. Fun, fun. He's really tired. The ground is really hard on this side of the house so he had to go over the ground several times.

My lilacs are blooming! Yeah! Our lilacs bush is just off the side our living room window so these pictures (the one of Israel included) were actually taken while standing next to my couch. I open the windows and it smells delicious!

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

The yard looks great! I'm sure it's going to be beautiful. I hope the strawberries work out for you. I tried some in pots one year, but they just died. Good luck with all the yard work.

JaNan said...

Diane your yard looks wonderful! I can hardly believe the transformation you have been able to do in such a short time! Congratulations on all the hard work it looks beautiful.

JaNan

Corina said...

Awesome - I love yard work...or at least the results of when its all over!! Looks good! We need to come up and see the whole picture! I LOVE lilacs!! Yum!