Results: I pretty much gave up on all those goals this week. I guess I pretended they didn't exist.
Though, I've had a bit of a revelation. I realize I have a need to improve my health/physical appearance, but I'm not so sure that this is the most important part of my existence right now. Granted, a hot little momma body would probably be nice to have, but I want more. I want to ENJOY who I am. I know my "character" could use a bit of work and thus begins my on-line therapy. ha ha
So, here are my goals for this week:
1. I will NOT be apologizing for who I am (character traits) or for things that happen that are out of my control.
2. I will take a moment to see at least one good trait in the people with whom I associate. (I've gotten out of the practice of this. I think all my years waiting tables and managing kinda burned me out. Any of you current or previous servers out there will understand)
5 comments:
Good for you. I think I'll steal them as personal goals, too! thanks for sharing your thoughts and goals, you make me want to obe better.
You definately have lots of character, but that's what I love about you! BTW You ARE one hot mamma!
This is exactly what I've been doing too! I'm hiding the scale until the end of September. I'm working on eating healthy, and make good food choices, but I'm not going to be so obsessed with that stupid scale, and relate it to my self-worth. I like who I am, regardless of my big booty and chubby legs. :) Here's to US and how wonderful we are, all of our imperfections included!
I hear you on the recognizing good traits in others thing. Especially in the serving world. Although, most my grief comes from fellow servers...so negative. Good thing they have me to annoyingly be a little sunshine in their world!
i'm totally with ya!! why is it that we always apologize for things we have no control over?? i should do these things too! :)
Post a Comment