Our Memorial Day morning was beautiful! It was a comfortable 70 degrees with some cloud cover and enough sunshine to enjoy the deck and backyard. Sooo nice. Then...of course, as it came closer to BBQ time, it was POURING rain and like 55 degrees. Yikes!
Thus, our "backyard BBQ" turned into a "garage BBQ" while we watched the rain from the sidelines and listened to music. Not exactly your commercial image but as one of our guests' put it "Hey, no one remembers all the beautiful celebrations that have happened over the years, just the one's that got rained out." I suppose he's right.
We did then go inside to play some board games where it was warm. Not exactly volleyball, but you do what you can, right?
6 comments:
Your guest is right, I remember all of our rained out Memorial day bbq's with fondness!
i can only wish it had rained here. it's been so hot and humid, it's just gross! i'm envious!!! :D
well, you can endure 104 with 100% humidity and finally get to the 70's at 9pm with us!
Don't worry Layne. We've been there, done that, too. No fun for you though.
Bummer that it rained on your bbq! But you gotta make the best of it and it sounds like you did! Hopefully we can have a bbq with you soon, in like 2 1/2 weeks! Check your calendar and see what's happening the week of June 23rd-
27th.
I'm sorry you got rained out! I hope Maggie's decor didn't get ruined. I loved hearing from all of you. I finished the day hanging out with the other 3 sisters. We Love you!
Post a Comment