3.04.2008

Clumsy Bo- Bumsy

I swear I have the clumsiest, most accident prone children out there. Yesterday afternoon, Maggie and Emma were playing in the living room when I left briefly to start the computer in the back. Seriously, moments after I left them, Maggie starts screaming bloody murder and running down the hall. I look at her and she has blood gushing down her face and it's all over her hands. Israel was in total shock and of very little help in the calming her down department, so I sent him for washcloths.

She had this huge gash down the center of her forehead (pretty deep for foreheads). It's not super long, but deep. Poor kid, it's right above her eyes and in the middle so there's little hope of it not scarring or not being noticeable.

Anyway, we opted to put a butterfly stitch on it instead of paying hundreds of dollars for an ER visit. It seems to be healing.

So, this is the explanation I got from her about what had happened. Apparently, she was running to hide behind the chair in the living room from Emma and ended up running/falling into the corner of the wall head- first. OW OW OW. I pray that never happens to me. I'd probably cry a lot longer than she did.

NOW, Emma also has another head wound from rolling down the last few stairs onto the tile and then this a.m. she fell into the rocking chair in the exact spot and drew blood.

Geez... these kids. Y'all are going to think I'm making this stuff up. I'll spare you the pictures. They're not so pretty. Here's to hoping for accident free tomorrow.

4 comments:

Terha said...

Your poor girls!! I felt the pain as I read what happened!

Frisbies Forever said...

It comes in spurts! Not the blood, accidents. Frosty bashed his forehead too and it stuck out 2 1/2 in! Then, Puppie decided to get excited playing with a cradle and split his whole top gum wide open. Thank Heavens for popsicles! They calmed them both down quickly! Then, Frosty fell on a Barbie Jeep and split his chin open, so now he has a matching scar just like Mommy! So, as they say in the nursing homes, it always comes in threes....Beware, you may have one more out there. Just Kidding. I love you and hope they heal quick!

La Familia Mata said...

Pobrecitas!

Corina said...

Oh wow - you do realize this comes from Izz's side of the family - I am a complete clutz and blame it on my mom and her mom and her mom - so...sorry to say it may stick with them. Isn't it amazing how tough kids are - and the stories of how accidents happen are priceless!!