3.24.2008

Easter Celebrations


Saturday AM- Israel took Maggie to Skyline High School for the annual Easter Egg Hunt (I had a headache and Emma was teething) Apparently, it was pretty intense. The hunt was in the enclosure of the tennis courts and NO PARENTS allowed (parents were cheating for their kids and making a mess). After the whistle blew Israel said the hunt was over in about 15 seconds. Maggie had fantastic fun, though. So, I guess the chaos was worth it.

Saturday Afternoon- We dyed eggs of course! Maggie has so much fun making her eggs, guess what color??,....GREEN! Emma got in on the fun, too. She insisted on dipping the eggs herself, unfortunately she kept dipping her entire hand with the egg. Her hand was a nice shade of blue for most of the day.

Saturday Evening- Ward Party! The kids got to dye eggs, have a bunny hop race, race eggs, run around and be crazy while the adults had an egg hunt in the RS room and lesson on the origins of easter traditions. Fun.

Sunday- Who doesn't start their day with a good old hunt for your basket from the big bunny? Ours were found on the chest by the window (Emma can only hunt so far, ya know). The girls were so sweet in their dresses, until Emma removed her own poopy diaper and we resorted to plan B with 10min until church started. Good times, good times. But after church we spent the evening at Amanda's house in Lewiston and it was nice to visit with the Caleys and play games with the Matas. It was also really nice to come home and go straight to bed. whew.

8 comments:

Piepee said...

It sounds like it was a great time. Sorry to hear you ended up with a headache. But I'm sure the girls we're adorable. Actually the Easter Bunny doesn't hide our baskets. I think he gets petered out hiding all the eggs. Tee hee We love you!

La Familia Mata said...

Good times, huh? Even if the Nichols won every game! Where are your pics? Oh, yeah...we didn't take any!! Oh, well. It was good seeing you guys.

Corina said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun!! Izz is a good dad to step in and take Maggie to egg hunt :) I did a mom sigh for you when hearing about the dirty dipe - *sigh* - there's always something!!

Katie said...

hey there dianne! your kiddos sure have grown up too! i love this blog thing...you can keep up with everyone, it's so great! i'm glad you are all doing well...love, katie

Piepee said...

I had to post one more time time the picts are adorable. I'm so glad you added them!

Piepee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lolo said...

These pics are great. It was fun to see you guys on Easter. Hopefully, next time it will be a little longer.

Miss Smiley said...

Aww wow have you gotten so big. You guys are so cute. I can't wait to see you all again.
Love you