3.31.2008

Husband Survey


What is your husband's name? Israel Orval Nichols

How long have you been together? We met at the beginning of the Fall Semester of '97 at Ricks but he didn't convince me to go on a date with him until just before Christmas. Then it was a fantastic whirlwind. We were engaged in March and married in July.

Who said I love you first? I did. We were sitting on the stairs in the Snow building and I was so nervous. I've never been the first to say anything that important. But, I'm glad I did. It was quickly confirmed that he felt the same.

Who's smarter? Well he is definitely smarter in the math and physics department and I'm smarter in english and communication. It's a good fit.

Who does the housework? Definitely me. Though he will pitch in with dishes or laundry if I ask for help.

Who sleeps on the right? We sleep in separate beds. No really, we do. Because of his work schedule he sleeps in a hotel 4 nights a week and we both bask in the space of an entire bed to ourselves. We'll I get short visitors in mine, but that's beside the point. Though, on the weekends (if you are standing at the foot of the bed looking at it) I sleep on the right. We decided right after we were married and shared our first bed that this would be our arrangement and we've never changed.

Who pays the bills? Israel makes 99.5% of the money and I work all the finances.

Who drives when you are together? He does and I don't know why, because he doesn't really like to. He'd rather be flying. Hmm?

Who is more stubborn? Israel, no contest.

Who kissed who first? It was mutually done? We were up at the inter mural fields above campus and he very politely asked if it was o.k. to kiss me. I melted and was more than happy to participate. We'd been dating for like a month.

Who asked who out first? Israel asked me. I'm surprised he even tried since I generally tried to avoid him at all cost. He was so sweet though and my mom had raised me right, to give a guy a chance. He had made a homemade chocolate bar and inside was a laminated request to go with him to the Christmas formal. After all that work, what's a girl to say?

Who proposed? Israel of course. We're pretty traditional. We used to study together every night at the Austin building and he surprised me by having an A Capella group from campus come sing to us as he pushed the study table back, asked me to dance and then got down on one knee and asked me to be sealed to him for all eternity. It was so sweet that I nearly forgot that I was in a sweatshirt, no makeup and a ponytail.

Who has more siblings? I do, barely. I have 4 sisters, 3 brothers and he has (from a his, her and theirs clan) 3 brothers, 3 sisters.

Who wears the pants? Umm...Tough one. Israel says he does, but I know sometimes I have to. And other times, neither one of us want to wear pants...I mean, THE pants.

5 comments:

Miss Smiley said...

Aww you gies are so cute together.

Frisbies Forever said...

I love you guys! What an awesome survey! I thought I had heard all the details but I must have missed a couple. ; ) Isn't having a romantic story great. I love you Israel.

Lolo said...

Ummm... I want a whole bed to myself too. No offense to Bart, I just love the space.;) This was fun to read.

Corina said...

Oh how fun to read this post - I remember an occasion at the local grocery store (can't remember the name) that we (Izz & I) had seen you there and I think either I teased him or he said something about liking you!! :) How cute!!

larshannon said...

Fun read!