by Kim Klauer
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Blend together all wet ingredients & sugar in Large Batter Bowl with Small Mix and Scraper.
3. Blend together all dry ingredients in a large bowl (I used my Kitchen Aide).
4. Mix wet & dry together in the large bowl.
5.. Top with sprinkled white sugar on muffins before baking.
6. Bake at 325 F. for 20-25 min.
Yield: 24 Regular Muffins
O.K. here are the results of all the products you see pictured above. Yes, these are my products in my kitchen.
1. Easy Read Measuring Cups - I really like them. The measurements are easily visible while you are standing upright (as God intended) and pouring liquid inside. I even used it as I was gathering Raspberries from my garden this morning.
2. Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon - This was impressive. It has this rubber gasket that slides up the side of the spoon to release whatever you just measured. I was a bit apprehensive of how well it would work for liquids. I was pleasantly surprised. And was much easier to clean than I anticipated.
3. Large Batter Bowl - It's glass so it's heavy, but it also just seems more "clean" to me. I hate plastic mixing bowls. They are too porous and it seems like food is still there after you've washed it. The batter bowl has measurements along the side that make it easy to monitor through the process.
4. Small Mix & Scraper - It was great for the all in one purpose for which it was intended. I didn't have to wash a spoon and a scraper...always a bonus. You do have to watch how you hold to get the best scraping out of it...ie. hold it more perpendicular to the bowl.
5. Small Stainless Steel Scoop - This is wonderful for the perpetual finger-licker. It's small enough that you can use it while filling the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan, without having to keep scraping a small spoon with your finger. I promise your guests and family will appreciate that. Well, that is unless they were hoping to lick the spoon.
6. Delux Mini-Muffin Pan - I've been using Baker's Secret pans forever, you know the $5.00 pans from Wal-Mart. I got along just fine with them except that eventhough they say they are non-stick you still need to use a spray with it and THEN still need to do the knife around the edge of the muffin trick to get the muffins out. And even with all that...there's still half a muffin at the bottom of the pan. ERRGH! And to top it off... grease builds up around the edges of the muffin cups even when you wipe off the top before baking. PAMPERED CHEF favorite. These pans are designed with NO edges around the cups. It's a single formed piece of metal, hence no buildup. I do suggest still spraying the cups before filling them and wiping with a paper towel before baking. But guess what happened when I turned the pan over to have the muffins come out...ALL of the muffins fell out on the cooling rack!!! yes, success! Here's a shot of the pan after the muffins came out. Notice how there's not muffin still stuck on the bottom? You can see my hot pad in the picture, because the pan was still hot.
7. Stackable Cooling Rack - I love this one! The legs fold down to store smaller than standard racks and with the legs up you get better air circulation around the food, so that your muffins don't get soggy from condensation while they are cooling. AND you save space on your counter top.
I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to realize how great these products can be. Nice. I'll keep you updated on what product I try next and I'll tell you the TRUTH about their quality. Thanks for visiting my personal Test Kitchen.
1 C. Butter, melted 2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 C. Vanilla Yogurt 2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. White Sugar 4 C. Flour
4 Egg Whites 2 C. Fresh Raspberries (any fruit will work)
2 C. Vanilla Yogurt 2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 C. White Sugar 4 C. Flour
4 Egg Whites 2 C. Fresh Raspberries (any fruit will work)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Blend together all wet ingredients & sugar in Large Batter Bowl with Small Mix and Scraper.
3. Blend together all dry ingredients in a large bowl (I used my Kitchen Aide).
4. Mix wet & dry together in the large bowl.
5.. Top with sprinkled white sugar on muffins before baking.
6. Bake at 325 F. for 20-25 min.
Yield: 24 Regular Muffins
1. Easy Read Measuring Cups - I really like them. The measurements are easily visible while you are standing upright (as God intended) and pouring liquid inside. I even used it as I was gathering Raspberries from my garden this morning.
2. Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon - This was impressive. It has this rubber gasket that slides up the side of the spoon to release whatever you just measured. I was a bit apprehensive of how well it would work for liquids. I was pleasantly surprised. And was much easier to clean than I anticipated.
3. Large Batter Bowl - It's glass so it's heavy, but it also just seems more "clean" to me. I hate plastic mixing bowls. They are too porous and it seems like food is still there after you've washed it. The batter bowl has measurements along the side that make it easy to monitor through the process.
4. Small Mix & Scraper - It was great for the all in one purpose for which it was intended. I didn't have to wash a spoon and a scraper...always a bonus. You do have to watch how you hold to get the best scraping out of it...ie. hold it more perpendicular to the bowl.
5. Small Stainless Steel Scoop - This is wonderful for the perpetual finger-licker. It's small enough that you can use it while filling the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan, without having to keep scraping a small spoon with your finger. I promise your guests and family will appreciate that. Well, that is unless they were hoping to lick the spoon.
6. Delux Mini-Muffin Pan - I've been using Baker's Secret pans forever, you know the $5.00 pans from Wal-Mart. I got along just fine with them except that eventhough they say they are non-stick you still need to use a spray with it and THEN still need to do the knife around the edge of the muffin trick to get the muffins out. And even with all that...there's still half a muffin at the bottom of the pan. ERRGH! And to top it off... grease builds up around the edges of the muffin cups even when you wipe off the top before baking. PAMPERED CHEF favorite. These pans are designed with NO edges around the cups. It's a single formed piece of metal, hence no buildup. I do suggest still spraying the cups before filling them and wiping with a paper towel before baking. But guess what happened when I turned the pan over to have the muffins come out...ALL of the muffins fell out on the cooling rack!!! yes, success! Here's a shot of the pan after the muffins came out. Notice how there's not muffin still stuck on the bottom? You can see my hot pad in the picture, because the pan was still hot.
7. Stackable Cooling Rack - I love this one! The legs fold down to store smaller than standard racks and with the legs up you get better air circulation around the food, so that your muffins don't get soggy from condensation while they are cooling. AND you save space on your counter top.I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to realize how great these products can be. Nice. I'll keep you updated on what product I try next and I'll tell you the TRUTH about their quality. Thanks for visiting my personal Test Kitchen.

3 comments:
I coulda told you that! Just Kidding. I like the batter bowl a lot too, because you can't "clean" the measurements off. BIG PLUS! Several other bowls sit useless in my kitchen as I wait for one of the kids to move out and claim it because it is hard to throw it away as it is still useful, I just like my Pampered Chef and Tupperware stuff better.
Hey, look! I found you! The muffins look good, but the muffin tin sounds great! I guess I'm going to have to get one...
Ooh, I need one of those muffin tins, but yes we love pampered chef. You've got to get a couple pizza stones and the big wooden paddles that are curved on one side and straight on the other.
Post a Comment