
Truly this had to be one of our best trips up North (Bonners Ferry), even though it was the longest. We stayed with Grandma for a few days and she cracks me up!! She is 91 years old, stills lives on her own and if you don't keep her engaged in a conversation, she will start the exact conversation over again with all the same questions. She is so optimistic and positive that she is a wonderful example of what I aspire to be as I age. I guess I'd better get started!!!

Our timing couldn't have been better! Israel's sister, Shelly, came up over the weekend for a visit too. So, we moved to their sister, Cathy's, house and enjoyed the hot tub, oh yeah... We also took Shelly and her family for a fun hiking adventure to Snow Creek Falls.



We also stopped at one of Israel's old swimming holes, unloaded some fishing gear and caught some rainbow trout. I think Israel said he caught about 6 fish. And he helped our nephew Chandler catch his very first fish!! He's 14 years old and no one could get him to like it, but Israel apparently has his ways of sharing his enthusiasm for the outdoors.

Isn't his pink Barbie fishing pole pretty??

The girls were busy catching tiny frogs by the edge.


Maggie and Emma had so much fun playing with the cousins. Maggie, Myley and Cheyenne were inseparable throughout the weekend. It was nice to get away from daily responsibilities and watch the girls be loved by their family.
5 comments:
That waterfall is gorgeous!
You wouldn't believe how many men I know that have caught fish with their daughter's pink poles!
It's so beautiful!! I'm tempted to move up there myself!
OK- tell Izz that the next time you take pictures he needs to suck it in better! Have we not taught him anything! HA HA HA
I loved the photos...even if they make me homesick. I was just up there in July, but wasn't able to make it to those falls. We did float the Kootenai River, though, and that was VERY fun! It's good to see photos of your family.
Post a Comment