9.13.2008

Production is Underway

Along with all my other endeavors at this time. We have some how managed to hit full production in the canning department also. Mom, I'm sorry for giving you so much grief during this time of year! 20 years later...I now understand!

Here's the latest count:
Applesauce: 8 Quarts, 12 Pints -- At least 2 more boxes to processPeaches: 8 Quarts, 9 Pints -- I should double my #s by the time they are doneRaspberry Jam: 3 Pints, 3 (4oz) -- The berries have barely begun to get started
Jalapeno Jelly: 10 (4oz), 1 Pint -- This is all I'll get (sorry no pictures, still in the water bath)

Cherry Pie Filling: 6 Quarts
The best part is that all this produce came from MY own backyard! Can you tell that I'm excited? And that this is my 1st year doing it? Ask me in 5 years and I'm sure my story will be different.
Oh, and I, of course, had some help from Emma. No, not really, but isn't she cute in my old Outback apron? Though Israel, HE was an AMAZING help to me. Wow. Thanks Babe.

11 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

I wish I could can with you! It is more fun if you are not alone. I am looking at 5 boxes of tomatoes and peppers and dreading starting. I need to though, kids keep eating bites out of the tomatoes randomly. Lil twits.

Dianne said...

Ha! Emma does the same thing! She's constantly after my "appa" (apples and peaches). She uses that for both. I wish we could can together, too.

Ashleigh said...

i'm envious. i don't have much of a green thumb, maybe i'll make richie garden next year! :D

Dianne said...

It's not you, Ashleigh, it's the ant hill you're living on! lol.

Misty said...

AWESOME!!! That is crazy! I totally made dinner once last week.

Sara said...

I so feel your pain! It takes so much work but is worth it when all your shelves are full!

Corina said...

Hello new best friend! That all looks so yummy! I can't believe its from your back yard! Thats so cool!

Jaimie said...

Congrats! I sure wish I was there to feast on your labors :) We aren't having much luck with our tomatoes this year. No salsa again :( Oh well, maybe next year. Or hopefully maybe not, we may be moving! Guess we'll see.

The Hanselmann Family said...

I want to can!!! I bet I have to actually plant a garden for that huh?

Tamara said...

Oh, I am so jealous. Apples, peaches, cherries AND raspberries?!! Ok, honestly, I don't know that I could have kept up with all that produce in addition to the veggies from the garden, so way to go!

Lolo said...

Wow.. I am very impressed with all of your hard work! How are things? We haven't talked in a long time!