8 things I'm passionate about:
1. my husband
2. my girls - Maggie & Emma
3. my friends and family
4. my faith
5. my home/yard
6. music
7. reading/learning
8. organization/efficiency
8 books I have read recently:
1. The Princess Academy
2. Kite Runner
3. Love Comes Softly
4. The Book of Mormon
5. Goose Girl
6. The Lord's Way
7. Love's Enduring Promise
8. The No 1 Women's Detective Agency - Don't waste your time.
8 things I often say:
1. "Emma, get down"
2. "Pepper, get down"
3. "Sure".
4. "That's fantastic"
5. "Pepper, no bite"
6. "Please don't whine, it's unbecoming"
7. "We don't talk that way in our house"
8. "I LOVE YOU!"
8 things that annoy me:
1. negative attitudes
2. pushy salespeople
3. messy rooms
4. whining
5. arguing
6. long lines at Walmart
7. loud, high pitch noises (hence, the whining)
8. thoughtlessness
8 things I look forward to each day:
1. Sunshine
2. Silly games my children play.
3. Quiet time in the evening when the girls go to bed (on time)
4. Song, Scripture & Family Prayer time
5. Getting together with friends (when possible)
6. Laughing at the funny things my girls say
7. Smelling the flowers in my yard
8. Snuggle time with my hubbie
8 things I look for in a friend:
1. sense of humor
2. common interests
3. availability
4. kids around the same age (this one is NOT set in stone)
5. positive attitude
6. thoughtfulness
7. not afraid to say what they think (respectfully, of course)
8. accepting of other's faults
8 things I want to do before I die:
1. be completely debt-free
2. travel...anywhere..and everywhere
3. watch my children raise their children
4. run a marathon
5. climb a mountain (not a crazy one like Everest though)
6. hike Centennial trail
7. go on a honeymoon vacation with my husband at a fun resort
8. Sing my heart out on stage...any stage or even a recording studio
8 things I have learned this past year:
1. I can overcome Post-Partum depression, but it's really hard and takes time
2. I don't have to try and compete with "Alpha Moms" to have great kids
3. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money to stay in contact with my family & friends (thank you blogger.com)
4. Life is easier to navigate with a positive attitude and a focus on eternal things
5. I can survive the changes of having my husband home ALL day long and gone ALL night long
6. Children rarely need TOYS to have a great time and learn new things
7. Children will "try & test" you by nature and it isn't always reflective of your abilities to parent
8. I'm pretty handy on the computer
I now tag: Ashleigh, Tamara, Britt, Laura, Katie, Lorianne, Susanne, Deanne, Lori, Terha and really anyone else who would like to share some of their hopes and dreams from this year.
1 comment:
Very Nice! I love reading these, I do not like doing them! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment