6.07.2008

The Newest Member of the Nichols Family


Israel and Maggie have been BEGGING me to consent to dog ownership since we moved into our house last September. I've been able to avoid it by saying "I'm not interested in housetraining with snow/mud" or "I don't want to scoop poop". They were not convinced and Israel even went out and bought a heavy duty pooper scooper back in Feb. He was serious.

Anyway, the weather is nicer and I (and Israel) can't remember a time growing up when we didn't have a dog. I told Israel if we could find a good match, I might be game. We went to the Bonneville County Humane Society and found this adorable 3 month old German Shepard/Labrador mix. She is so mild mannered. She is pretty timid right now and I like it. We told her "No" to all areas that are past the kitchen (essentially the carpeted areas) and she hasn't even attempted to cross the line again. I really wanted a mellow dog and cuddly too. I have two crazy kids, I don't need a crazy dog.

So we welcome her with open arms to our family. We love her already. She and Emma are already best buds. Though we are still working on a decent name for her. They named her "Inky", but not sure I love that. It's hard to call. So check out the poll on the side and help this very indecisive family choose a good girl dog name.

Amanda- I hope this doesn't stop you from coming to visit us.

7 comments:

Misty said...

SO CUTE!!! I Love doggies. If you can put up with her over the next year, you'll LOVE her! I Love doggies, so I forgive pretty easily that first year, but it gets rough. but after that,they just get cuter and cuter!

Katie said...

what a cute puppy!!

The Hanselmann Family said...

Very cute! What a surprise, I didn't know you were even thinking about a dog! How fun for you.

Piepee said...

She is beautiful. I miss the puppy stage. I agree they are so cute, it makes it easy to forgive. So glad to hear you gave in the girls will always love you for it. I may be bias but I say a dog completes the family.

Jaimie said...

Congrats! I hope that she will stay calm for you. And I also hope that she doesn't chew up too many things! Hopefully your experience with a dog will be better than our first one :) Good luck! Does this mean we won't be seeing you? Will you be able to leave her? Anyway, sounds like lots of fun!

Lolo said...

How Cute! Hopefully training her is easy...I hate that part. Dont you wish they would stay cute little puppies forever? I LOVE her little face.

Mya said...

How cute! We actually had a loveable stray hanging around our house when Alison and Lizzi where small. They would always ask "pet her? pet her?" but it always came out sounding like "pepper? pepper?" Anyway, Pepper is a great name!