My parents are doing just fine in their home in Cedar Falls. There was a new pump of sorts installed a few years ago (I think) and it is working well. They don't even have water in the basement. YEAH! Though the city is struggling so they have been asked to conserve water and electricity as much as possible. My brother, Ivan, and his family are in North Cedar area and I've heard that they are doing o.k. but staying with his wife's sister for the time being since their home has water damage. I'm not sure of the extent of it. My sister, Susanne, lives in Waterloo and they are also doing fine in their home. Several bridges have been closed and downtown still has lots of water. Here is a photo my sister took of a park they often go to.
My family in Dubuque, Ia actually live pretty far away from the river and so I assume they are fine, though I haven't heard from them yet. My Mom did tell me that the bridge that crosses the Mississippi into Illinois has been closed.
I just have to say I am so grateful that they have all been able to avoid some of these tragedies of late. And I pray for those who have not been spared the misery. Many of you may have heard on the news not too long ago of Parkersburg, Ia and how 1/2 the town was ripped to shreds when a tornado came through. My parents live just East of there. With the storms they've had in that area, I've really worried about them and I'm so grateful that they've been watched over! I forget to tell them a lot, but I truly love ALL of my family and continue to wish them safety.
1 comment:
I'm so glad they are doing okay. Yucky. Floods are no fun. I'll keep your family in my prayers. Hopefully now the worst is over and the waters will start to go back down. I remember in Idaho when we were being evacuated for floods and I could stand on my porch and see the Snake River creeping into our yard, the stupid thing was nearly a mile away! Craziness. It's sure gives a person a weird feeling to see a river where there is not supposed to be one.
Post a Comment